Even though a large percentage of organizations manage their own servers for device management in-house, on-premise deployments are becoming synonymous with “old-school.” But, why the shift? According to Gartner, “The current global enterprise mobility management (EMM) market is roughly 70% on-premises and 30% SaaS, but Gartner projects SaaS uptake to increase as more enterprises realize the challenges of managing EMM/MDM solutions on their own.”**
At JAMF Software, we’ve heard some of these challenges from customers and know firsthand the time, resources and costs associated with deploying device management solutions on-premise. From installing and monitoring servers to managing backups and disaster recovery, on-premise deployments can be a time (and not to mention budget) suck. If only there was a better way…
Now there is! Choosing a SaaS-based enterprise mobility management model gives organizations a hassle-free way to manage and secure their growing number of Apple devices (no complex IT server expertise required). Below are seven reasons why your organization should consider moving to the cloud:
- Cut your hardware budget. Servers aren’t cheap, but they are necessary for every device management environment. When you go SaaS, you reduce capital costs on infrastructure. No need to buy or monitor servers (did we mention all cloud services from JAMF are monitored by JAMF with a status dashboard?)
- Global content distribution. Included in JAMF Software’s hosted infrastructure is a global software package distribution service. You can easily distribute software packages regardless of what network or location you’re connecting from using JAMF’s cloud-hosted distribution point.
- Hands-free, automatic upgrades. As mobility and corporate hacking threats increase, so does the influx of applications and the need for software providers to update their software more frequently. With a cloud-hosted deployment model, all Casper Suite upgrades are handled by JAMF Software. You get the latest features without spending time manually updating servers.
- Data where you need it. Sometimes organizations want (or need) servers in the country of their choice. JAMF Software has data centers in the U.S. and Europe, giving cloud-hosted organizations the ability to host data in the region of their choice without searching for a new data center.
- Disaster recovery. Disaster recovery is a must, and for on-premise deployments, it requires time and resources to manually configure, test and maintain server backups. With cloud hosting, JAMF Software saves you and your team hours of time with automatic backups for 30 days.
- Don’t sweat your security. Securing and maintaining servers is a big responsibility and a big headache! With cloud-hosted management, you get industry-standard security controls for hosting. JAMF Software always has security in mind, in fact, Casper Suite 9.93 introduced additional integrations for enterprise single sign-on authentication and identity services.
- Scale for future growth. As the number of devices in your environment increases, so does the need for scalable, globally available services to manage them. From start-up tech companies to the most established enterprises, from 100 to 100,000 devices, cloud hosting allows organizations to achieve economies of scale.
The best part? Getting started with cloud-hosted device management is quick and easy! JAMF Software provides everything you need to manage Apple devices in your enterprise environment. Let us off-load financial costs for procuring and maintaining hardware while providing you with a secure and scalable management environment. You handle the inventory, deployment and security of Apple devices in your environment; we handle the infrastructure, maintenance, monitoring and upgrades.
Interested in having JAMF host your deployment so you don’t have to worry about it?
New to Casper Suite?
Contact us to learn how hosting your instance of the JAMF Software Server can help save you time and resources. You can also request a free trial to see what Casper Suite can do. You’re going to love it!
**Source: Gartner, Choose a SaaS-Based Enterprise Mobility Management Model Whenever Possible, 25 January, 2016, Rob Smith, Charles Smulders, Refreshed: 25 January 2016 | Published: 13 August 2014