Components Installed on Managed Computers
The following components are installed on all computers managed by Jamf Pro 9.8 or later.
Jamf Apps and Binaries
- /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf - The binary used to execute most tasks for Jamf Pro.
- /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamfagent - Agent launched per user account to work in conjunction with the LaunchDaemons and LaunchAgents to report on specific user data.
- /usr/local/bin/jamf - Symbolic Link to the jamf binary so it can be found in the default search paths.
- /usr/local/bin/jamfagent - Symbolic Link to the jamf agent binary so it can be found in the default search paths.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Jamf.app - App bundle that groups together components of the management framework.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/JAMF.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAAD.app - App bundle used for integration with Azure Active Directory.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/JAMF.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAgent.app - App bundle containing the jamf launch agent used for application usage monitoring and restricted software.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/JAMF.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfDaemon.app - App bundle containing the jamf launch daemon.
- /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamfAAD - Symbolic Link to /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Jamf.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAAD.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAAD.
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.task.1.plist - Used for recurring check-in to the Jamf Pro server.
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.startupItem.plist - Used to call the StartupScript.sh management framework check-in script.
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.daemon.plist - Used for Application Usage, Network State Changes, iBeacons, FileVault information sent to the Jamf Pro server, Restricted Software, notifications, and Self Service actions.
- /Library/LaunchAgents/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.agent.plist - Used in conjunction with the com.jamfsoftware.daemon.plist for tasks such as Application Usage, Restricted Software, and Self Service actions.
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamf.management.daemon.plist - Launchd file used to start the JamfDaemon.app process.
- /Library/LaunchAgents/com.jamf.management.agent.plist - Launchd file used to start the JamfAgent.app process.
- /Library/LaunchAgents/com.jamf.management.jamfAAD.agent.plist - Launchd file only present when macOS Intune Integration is enabled on the server; used to start the JamfAAD.app process.
- /Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.plist - Defines the Jamf Pro server URL, Management Framework Change ID and security settings such as SSL verification, clock skew, and package validation.
- /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist - Used to store the defined login/logout hooks for the system.
Jamf Application Support Directory
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/.blacklist.xml - Contains list of Restricted Software.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/.userdelay.plist - Contains policies that have been deferred.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app - Application used to display messages to an end user.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/Management Action.app - Application used to display messages to an end user in the macOS Notification Center.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/ - Contains working directory for Composer to save package sources.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Config/ - Contains Jamf Pro server defined iBeacons.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/ - Temporary storage for downloaded packages.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/JAMF.keychain - Enables certificate based authentication with the Jamf Pro server.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/ManagementFrameworkScripts/StartupScript.sh - Script that is called by the com.jamfsoftware.startupItem.plist to enable a check-in to the Jamf Pro server at startup.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/ManagementFrameworkScripts/loginhook.sh - Script that is called by the com.apple.loginwindow.plist to enable a check-in to the Jamf Pro server at login.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/ManagementFrameworkScripts/logouthook.sh - Script that is called by the com.apple.loginwindow.plist to enable a check-in to the Jamf Pro server at logout.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Offline/ - Contains the contents of the policies marked to be Available Offline.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Receipts/ - Contains receipts for all packages installed by Jamf Pro.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/run/ - Temporary Storage for FileVault key prior to submission.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service/ - Contains Self Service plugins.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/ - Contains temporary storage for logs and other files.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Usage/ - Contains the application usage data to be sent to the Jamf Pro server.
- /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ - Contains temporary storage for Cached Packages.
Jamf Client Log
- /var/log/jamf.log - Contains a record of what the jamf binary does.