Deploying PKGs Created with AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager
The Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAMEE) and Creative Cloud Packager are tools designed to package Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud products in the PKG format. Adobe CS5 or later and Creative Cloud PKGs created with these tools cannot be deployed if your master distribution point is a file distribution point with an SMB share.
There are two workarounds for deploying an Adobe CS5 or later PKG or a Creative Cloud PKG if your master distribution point is a file distribution point with an SMB share:
- Create the PKG using Composer’s snapshot method.
- Wrap an AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager PKG inside a DMG and deploy it using a policy.
This article explains how to wrap a PKG created with AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager inside a DMG and deploy it using a policy in Jamf Pro.
The following components are required to wrap an AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager PKG inside a DMG and deploy it using a policy in Jamf Pro:
This workaround involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Wrap an AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager PKG inside a DMG.
- Step 2: Add the DMG and installPKGfromDMG.sh script to Jamf Admin.
- Step 3: Create a policy that caches the DMG and runs the script to install it.
Note: Step 3 is different depending on which version of Jamf Pro you are using. Follow the instructions for the appropriate version.
Step 1: To wrap an AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager PKG inside a DMG:
- Open Disk Utility.
- From the menu bar, choose File > New > Disk Image from Folder.
- Browse for the AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager PKG.
- Select it and click the Image button.
- Name the package “Adobe_Install.dmg”.
- Choose a location for the package and then click Save.
Step 2: To add the DMG and installPKGfromDMG.sh script to Jamf Admin:
- Open Jamf Admin and authenticate to Jamf Pro.
- Drag the package you created in the previous procedure and the installPKGfromDMG.sh script to the main repository in Jamf Admin.
- Save your changes and quit the application.
Step 3: To create a policy to install the DMG (version 9.0 or later):
- Log in to Jamf Pro with a web browser.
- Click Computers at the top of the page.
- Click Policies.
On a smartphone, this option is in the pop-up menu.
- Click New.
- In the General payload, enter a display name for the policy.
- Select Login as the trigger.
- Choose "once per computer" from the Execution Frequency pop-up menu.
- Select the Packages payload and click Configure.
- Click Add for the Adobe_Install.dmg package.
- Choose “Cache” from the Action pop-up menu.
- Select the Scripts payload and click Configure.
- Click Add for the installPKGfromDMG.sh script.
- Choose “After” from the Priority pop-up menu.
- Enter the exact name of the original DMG as a parameter value.
- Click the Scope tab and configure the scope of the policy.
- Click Save.
For more information on creating packages using Composer’s snapshot method, see the “Creating Package Sources” section of the Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide.