Using the JSS Subnet Importer
This article explains how to use the JSS Subnet Importer to import network segment information into the JSS.
To use the JSS Subnet Importer, you need:
- The Casper Suite v8.0 or later
- A JSS user account with privileges to read, create, and update network segments
Note: If you are using the JSS v8.x, these privileges are API privileges.
- Download the JSS Subnet Importer ZIP file from https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=181.
- Extract the JSS Subnet Importer ZIP file.
The extracted folder contains the JSS Conduit (JSSConduit.jar), a Resources folder, and a sample .csv file.
Create a .csv file containing the network segment information you want to import. Use the sample .csv file and the following guidelines to format your .csv file:
When entering distribution points, NetBoot servers, software update servers, buildings, and departments, use the display names specified in the JSS.
- Enter "true" or "false" in the columns labeled override_buildings and override_departments.
The URL column can be left blank.
Open the JSS Conduit (JSSConduit.jar).
- If prompted, enter credentials for a local administrator account, and then click OK.
- Click Add (+) and choose "Text Subnet Importer" from the Plug-in pop-up menu.
- Click Choose and select the .csv file you created in step 1.
- Enter the URL of the JSS you want to use to import the network segment information.
The URL must include the correct protocol, domain, and port. It cannot end in a backslash (/). For example:
- Enter credentials for a JSS user account.
The account must have API privileges to read, create, and update network segments.
- Click Save.
- Enable the JSS Subnet Importer by selecting the checkbox next to it.
- Click the Export Now button to manually import the network segment information into the JSS, or configure the scheduling options to import the information automatically.
Note: If you plan to export data automatically, it is recommended that you export data manually before creating an automated schedule.
The JSS Subnet Importer is a plug-in for the JSS Conduit. For more information about the JSS Conduit, see the JSS Conduit User Guide, available at: