To prepare an external drive for offline imaging, you need to replicate the files on your master distribution point to an external drive and place a copy of Casper Imaging at the root of that drive.
Note: Casper Imaging cannot create a management account when imaging offline, which means computers imaged offline are not enrolled with the JSS.
To prepare an external drive for offline imaging:
- (Optional) Create a bootable drive by installing a copy of macOS on the external drive.
- Connect the external drive to a host computer.
- Open Casper Admin on the host computer and authenticate to the JSS.
- Drag the external drive from the Finder to the sidebar in Casper Admin.
- Select the drive in the sidebar, and then click Replicate.
- Put a copy of Casper Imaging at the root of the external drive, at the same level as the Packages, Scripts, and Casper Data folders.