Automating the Imaging Process
You can fully automate the imaging process to run on a schedule.
- Create Autorun data for each computer you want to image, making sure that the Autorun data is configured to start the imaging process automatically.
- Create a minimal base OS image, making sure that the image is configured to open Casper Imaging automatically.
For instructions, see Creating a Minimal Base OS Image.
This image will function as the NetBoot image that's referred to in the next step.
- Create the NetBoot image and set up a NetBoot server.
For instructions, see Creating a NetBoot Image and Setting Up a NetBoot Server.
- Add the NetBoot server to the JSS.
- Create a policy that boots target computers to the NetBoot server.
Note: If you are booting a macOS 10.11 computer to a NetBoot image, the computer must first trust the NetBoot server. For more information, see the Booting a macOS 10.11 or Later Computer to a NetBoot Image Using a Policy or Casper Remote Knowledge Base article.
For more information on creating Autorun data, adding a NetBoot server to the JSS, and creating a policy to boot computers to a NetBoot image, see the Casper Suite Administrator's Guide.