Integrating with Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
You can integrate the Jamf Software Server (JSS) with the Device Enrollment Program (DEP), a device enrollment tool available from Apple. To configure the program instance in the JSS, you must have a server token file (.p7m) downloaded from Apple. In order to download this file, you need to have an account with Apple's Volume Services Portal.
You can apply for an account at:
For complete information about DEP, see the following websites:
Casper Suite v9.3 or later
To integrate the JSS with DEP, you need to do the following:
- Download a public key (.pem) from the JSS.
- Obtain the server token file (.p7m) from Apple's Volume Services Portal by uploading the public key.
Downloading a Public Key
Before you can obtain the server token file from Apple, you need to download a public key from the JSS.
- Log in to the JSS with a web browser.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click Settings.
- Click Global Management.
- Click Device Enrollment Program.
- Click Public Key to download the public key.
The public key (.pem) is downloaded immediately.
Obtaining the Server Token File
To download the server token file, you need to upload your public key to Apple's Volume Services Portal.
- Log in to the Volume Services Portal at http://deploy.apple.com.
- In the sidebar, select Devices.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to verify your identity.
- In the sidebar, select Manage Servers, and then click Add MDM Server.
- Enter a name for your MDM server, and then click Next.
- Click Choose File, and then upload the public key you downloaded from the JSS.
- Click Next to download the server token file.
The server token file (.p7m) is downloaded immediately.
For instructions on uploading the server token file to the JSS and configuring the DEP instance settings, see the Casper Suite Administrator's Guide.
A video walkthrough for this process can be found here: