Deploying Jamf Connect
Jamf Connect allows for simple provisioning of local user accounts from a cloud identity service during an Apple provisioning workflow. This includes multi-factor authentication (MFA).
You can deploy Jamf Connect Sync (formerly NoMAD Pro), Jamf Connect Login (formerly NoMAD Login+), and Jamf Connect Verify to target computers in your environment using your preferred MDM solution.
To deploy Jamf Connect, you will need the following components:
- An MDM solution, such as Jamf Pro
- Jamf Connect license key configuration profile (provided by your account manager)
- PLIST files and editor (examples provided by your account manager, in the product DMG, and the documentation)
- Target computers with macOS 10.12 or later
In addition, you will need to download the Jamf Connect DMG. The DMG includes the PKG files for Jamf Connect Sync, Jamf Connect Login, and Jamf Connect Verify.
Jamf Connect DMG
SHA 256 Checksum: ba5292b65a42f7d8f6634e0fe1af026295c58008611f59166142c0f45222930c
- Update your cloud identity provider domain in the provided PLIST files:
a. Open the PropertyListEditor from the provided compressed archive file.
b. Right-click on one of the two PLIST files and "Open With" the PropertyListEditor.
c. Update "yourdomain" in the Value column to the cloud identity provider domain of your organization.
d. (Optional) Add additional preference keys to further customize the experience for your users. For more information, see the administrator's guide for your Jamf Connect product.
e. Repeat for the other PLIST file.
- Create a new conﬁguration proﬁle in your MDM solution using the "Custom Settings" option. Upload the PLIST ﬁles from step 1 and scope the proﬁle to targeted computers.
- Upload the provided license key conﬁguration proﬁle to your MDM solution.
- Scope the uploaded proﬁle from step 3 to the same computers targeted in step 2.
- Upload the PKG ﬁles for Jamf Connect to your preferred MDM solution.
- Create a policy to deploy packages from step 5 and scope the policy to targeted computers.
For more information on deploying Jamf Connect and adding preference keys to customize the experience, see the Jamf Connect administrator's guides: