Creating Images with Winclone for Deployment with Jamf Pro
This article explains how to use Winclone to create and package a Microsoft Windows image, and deploy it to Boot Camp partitions using Jamf Admin and Jamf Imaging.
Jamf Pro 8.5 and later
The following components are required to create a Winclone image:
- Winclone Pro 6 or later
- macOS 10.12 or later
- A BootCamp partition with a running version of Windows
- Storage space for the Windows partition
- Install Windows 10 on the Boot Camp partition and prepare the base image for deployment. For instructions, see Preparing Windows for Deployment with Winclone Pro in Twocanoes's Knowledge Base library.
- Create a Winclone image of the Boot Camp partition. For instructions, see Save Boot Camp to a Winclone Image in Twocanoes's Knowledge Base library.
- After creating the image, use Winclone Pro to create a package to be deployed to Boot Camp partitions using Jamf Pro. For instructions, see Deploy Boot Camp as a Package in Twocanoes's Knowledge Base library.
- Once you have tested the package and validated that the Boot Camp partition was successfully created, you can add the package to Jamf Admin and deploy it to computers using Jamf Imaging. For more information, see Deploy Windows 10 Winclone Image with Jamf Pro/Casper in Twocanoes's Knowledge Base library.