Change Windows UNC Path for home directory

michael_ferguso
New Contributor

We have recently started testing out our new path to our AD home directories. Unfortunately it looks like it is caching the previous unc path for users that have already cached their credentials on the machines. If we delete their /Users/first.last/ and relogin to recreate the profile, it will have the new UNC path and map accordingly. Is there a preference file or something that can be tossed/changed/recreated with this information in it per user? Any other help is appreciated ! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@michael.ferguson We had to migrate accounts from AD forest to domain, so we had to script unbinding the Mac, mv'ing the user's home directory, rebinding the Mac, chowning the mv'd home directory, then having the user log again, things fell into place. A couple twists for us was the script had to deal with special characters, spaces, etc. If this sounds like something that can help, ping me offline so I can send you what we used. Maybe some/all of it might be useful.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

michael_ferguso
New Contributor

@donmontalvo - That sounds great. I think they may help us out. Our AD Admin is checking on a couple of other issues. it may still be borked on his end, so I'll get in touch if he cant figure it out.