Is There a Package File Size Limit in Casper 8.73?

elsmith
Contributor

We're running Casper 8.73, and Casper Admin crashes when uploading files. It seems to be intermittent, but consistently does it with our newest Adobe Creative Cloud installer. The installer is 16.41GB as it contains the entire Adobe suite - my question is this: is the size of the package what could be causing the issues? Is there an actual size limit to what you can install via Self Service and/or upload to the CasperShare via Casper Admin? Is there a specific size that a package's BOM can be, also? I can't find any of this information in the documentation we have.

2 REPLIES 2

tuinte
Contributor III

I have a Adobe CC package at 14.5 GB that crashed Admin 9.21 a couple of times before it uploaded properly. I believe the third try worked. I didn't really do anything but reboot the machine running Admin. I tested deploying it successfully and have been using it in production, must have deployed it close to 60 times, all successful.

That doesn't really answer your question, but you're not alone.

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

We are on 8.62 and with Windows SMB distribution points and never had any issues with uploading large files.
Recently uploaded a 54 GB DMG to it and all went fine.

Thanks