DEP Setup - Server Token File fails to upload

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Our organization has successfully registered with Apple's DEP and I've got an admin account setup. I can successfully upload the public key to the DEP, generate a server token, and download the token. When I try to upload the server token to the JSS it hangs at 86%. I've tried different browsers and even tried generating a different server token but have not been able to integrate the JSS with the DEP.

Has anybody seen similar issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Our issue was caused by our web filter. Despite being able to access jamfsoftware.com we had to force allow it in the web filter for the issue to be resolved. So if anybody else is using the iBoss web filter (I'll withhold my comments about iBoss) this will probably be your fix.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

dvorakam
New Contributor

Having the same issue? Calling tech support this afternoon

justinrummel
Contributor III

@dvorakam][/url please post your results after your call with support!

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Our issue was caused by our web filter. Despite being able to access jamfsoftware.com we had to force allow it in the web filter for the issue to be resolved. So if anybody else is using the iBoss web filter (I'll withhold my comments about iBoss) this will probably be your fix.

dvorakam
New Contributor

We had downloaded the wrong key from the JSS. Make sure you go to settings>>Global Management>> DEP>> and pick the public key.

mfadmin
New Contributor

@jlogsdon Did you manage to find the URLIP Address and ports that you had to allow through your web filter?

I'm seeing exactly the same issue here and our JSS Server is sat behind MS TMG and Cisco Scansafe!
Tried running logs through the TMG server but not seeing any traffic at all coming from the JSS server when the upload fails.

Just be nice to know where its trying to connect to in case I have to use a packet sniffing filter
Many thanks

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@mfadmin Unfortunately I didn't have access to the web filter so I'm not sure what change was made specifically.

SMG2009
New Contributor III

01dba816882849ebb5aaddf0d922b7ea
Bumping a very old thread, but I'm experiencing this right now. It's sticking at 84%, then timing out for failure to connect to Apple.

Thoughts?

SMG2009
New Contributor III

Moved to an ethernet connected machine and it worked instantly. Not sure if that's the reason it worked or just coincidence. But we're good to go now.