JDS or File Share Distribution Point

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am about to set up a JDS structure so that I can take advantage of the selective replication option that's available. Here's what is killing me and I need to know if there's a better way. JDS can only offer selective replication if there is a JDS master. I already have a master distribution point on an enterprise server. Is my only option to duplicate my file share distribution point to a JDS master...effectively storing two copies of all my data on the same server? Surely, there must be a better way to achieve selective replication. I don't want to kill our WAN link (multiple campuses in different cities) and don't want to have the other campus storing my entire distribution point on their little Mac mini.

This is a short-term setup and when Casper gets officially rolled out to that campus we will have an actual distribution and fail over point at that campus. Currently, we don't have the hardware set up for that and it's the wrong time. JDS seems like the best option for them, but not at my end.

2 REPLIES 2

waderobson
New Contributor III

I'd give this a watch if you haven't already. He covers a lot about the JDS in a large scale deployment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IajeO8NGTjw&index=27&list=PLlxHm_Px-Ie01lK6FgfdXhk-YuByY6X27

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you @waderobson. I'll watch that ASAP.