JDS manual replication bug?

paulaust
New Contributor

Every time I do a manual replication to the root JDS it copies files from my file based master distribution server that are already there. The files that get re-copied seem to be random. Has anyone else encountered this strange behavior?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you mean manual via clicking "replicate" through Casper Admin, then yes, I see the same strange behavior. My replication is worse, unfortunately, in that it won't ever successfully complete.

pchang
New Contributor

Has this ever been resolved? I have not heard back from support yet, but we have just installed a JDS instance, and am seeing this same behavior.

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@pchang, no, this issue has not yet been resolved.

paulaust
New Contributor

Not only is it unresolved, but the ticket I opened with JAMF support was a waste of my time.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@paulaust @cstout @pchang

This behavior is caused by a defect; defect ID is D-007066 for reference.

It looks like the workaround is to not use Casper Admin for replication and to just allow the JDS to replicate automatically, or to use the manual replication method in this KB: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=351

If you already have a case open with your Technical Account Manager, it may be worth sending them a quick e-mail referencing that defect ID; it looks like it’s a fairly new one (as in it’s been open for about two hours at the time of my posting this), so they may not have been aware of it.

Thanks!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support