How to set a software required policy?

o_lahmar
New Contributor

Hi all,
I am wondering is there is a feature where I can make certain software required for a group op computers.
No matter if they have been deployed or crashed and reinstalled? Now I can have a policy with an execution frequancy tot once a computer to install , but if this computer crashes I should have to flush the policy to make it run again?
Is there a way to make a policy like in Microsoft SCCM which makes posibble to set a certain software is required, and it automaticly takes care of this without me having to flush manualy?

Would love to hear from the great community!!
Omar Lahmar

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@o.lahmar, the only way to really do what you're looking for is to set the policy to a frequency of "Ongoing" and set the scope to a Smart Group for Macs that don't have that update or updates installed You can use criteria like Application Title | has and Application Version | is not, or use Package Receipts | does not have or an Extension Attribute value, just as a couple of examples. As long as any Macs that do not have that update installed land in the group, the policy should run again the next time the Mac checks in., and keep trying until it falls out of that group.

That said, there is a feature request already to change it so policies run to completion if it fails. Right now setting any policy to a once per computer execution means that it will only try once. If it fails for any reason it won't make another attempt. I can't search for that feature request right now, but look for it. You'll find it.