Anyone interested in a Sydney area JAMF User Group?

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody!

After seeing all the JUG from other parts of the world, and I know that there is a Sydney Mac Admin meet up once a month run by Marcus Rowell.

Would there be any additional interest from other Casper / Mac admins to create a group so we can organise a monthly get together to talk shop, share knowledge and ideas and to hopefully make your support area even better then it is.

@mrowell][/url we could even merge the Sydney Mac Admins and Sydney JUG together to make it a even bigger and better group.

Let me know what everyones thoughts are.

Berry

10 REPLIES 10

mrowell
Contributor

Hi Berry,

About half of the Sydney Mac Admins members run Casper and we regularly have JAMF employees attending. Every one who has any interest in managing OS X or iOS is very welcome to come. You don't need to be expert. It is a great opportunity to meet your fellow admins and JAMF users.

We do meet in a pub, which I understand is not ideal for everyone. But we are all more than happy to meet somewhere else if that works better for people. We are still working out what time works for everyone as well.

Feel free to contact me directly at marcus.rowellATgmail.com if you need more info (or just post here)

The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for the 25th of June. Details coming soon.

Marcus.

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning Marcus,

Thanks for responding Marcus, I for some reason couldn't reach you at gmail, so I thought I'd best respond here.
I've been meaning to get out to one of the monthly get togethers but it seems like I always end up being tied up some how with either work or family commitments when the day comes.

Thanks for the info, and that's very cool how the group meets up at a pub which keeps a little bit more casual.

Just out of curiosity why didn't you create a Jamf User Group for Sydney since you are already running one already?

I will definitely try to get out to the meeting on the 25th June.

Thanks again Marcus,

Berry

mrowell
Contributor

Hi Berry,

We started on IRC in the ##os-x-server channel. We aren't all JAMF users and we want to include all Mac and iOS admins, hence Sydney Mac Admins. If you ever have any OS X/iOS questions there is always a couple of us from Sydney on IRC during the day. It is a great resource, although you are more likely to get help during business hours for North America or Europe.

I have also not listed our meetings under the User Group section of JAMF Nation as we weren't specifically a JAMF user group. I will find out if we should be listing there, even if we are Sydney Mac Admins.

Do you also know about X-World - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=10718

I hope you can make it to meeting on the 25th.

Marcus.

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marcus,

I see, it's been a while since I've used IRC I'll need to hop on to soon and se how it is.
Any additional source of resource is a good thing!

Definitely talk to the other members of the Sydney Mac Admins group to see how they feel.

Yes I do know about X-World, unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year.
But let me know if you or any of the other members of the Sydney Mac Admin group will be attending I am definitely keen to catch up with you guys.

I've got the 25th in my Diary marked as the next meet up, I also hope i can make it!

Berry

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

ATTENTION:

[Sorry I should have posted this in the post above]

All Users and non Users of JAMF Software there is User Group (I can't call it a Sydney JUG since there isn't one) get together happening that is going down this coming Friday 13th from 6pm onwards @ The Glenmore.

http://www.theglenmore.com.au

There is a room booked on level 1, a bunch of us who are attending the CCE course along with some awesome guys and gals from both JAMF Software and Comp Now will be there.

Come and hang out with us, meet some new people and fellow Mac Administrators.

Hope to see you there

Berry

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I just want to thank everyone who made it on Friday. We thought there wouldn't have been much interest but the turn out was great. I apologise if I didn't get around to meet everyone, and will do so for our next one. I Friday evening definitely confirmed that we *need" a Sydney JUG.

@mrowell I'm going to go ahead and create the Sydney JUG!

Thanks to Comp Now, JAMF Software and all the cool cats who made it last Friday for making it a blast.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at the next one!

Berry Mak "Attack"

MattT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Berry,

I would be interested in joining the group, let me know!

Matt

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding @mtaylor934. I'll aim to set something up for next month stay tuned! Hoping more of the Sydney Casper Users will respond to this so we can get this started!

thuluyang
New Contributor III

@mrowell Hi Could you loop me in the Sydney group? I am quite interested~
Thanks

mrowell
Contributor

Hi @thuluyang

I see you have found the sign-up page at http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Mac-Admins/. I also post here on JAMF Nation. Looking forward to meeting you at the next catch up on the last Wednesday of September

Marcus.