PKG does not show up for Smart Group creation.

ncottle
New Contributor III

I have a PKG that I created that simply places a file on the root of the drive. It looks fine in Casper Admin, looks good in the web interface when I go to management and packages. When I go to create a Smart Group for machines that have installed that PKG it does not show up under the "Installed by Casper" criteria. Using Casper 9.31. Had a similar issue with a similar file and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@nick.cottle, I've had the same thing happen to me as well. What I've done to get around it is to just copy the name of the package from Casper Admin and paste it into the field when I am setting up the Smart Group and that has worked for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pblake
Contributor III

I suggest a post flight script that updates the inventory. My guess is the receipts aren't updated in the JSS.

ncottle
New Contributor III

@pblake Thanks for the input, I should have been more clear. I was having a heck of a time trying to word it at the end of the day yesterday. The PKG installs fine and shows that it has been installed, I just can't get the smart group to recognize that the package even exists. In the bare bones of the smart group I have it named and the only criteria I have is "Packages Installed By Casper" Operator as "has" then I need to put my pkg as the "Package Installed by Casper" it doesn't show in the list as a package I can select. Man I hope that makes sense, having issues describing it this morning too.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@nick.cottle, I've had the same thing happen to me as well. What I've done to get around it is to just copy the name of the package from Casper Admin and paste it into the field when I am setting up the Smart Group and that has worked for me.

ncottle
New Contributor III

@mpermann, I am giving that a go right now. Thank you. I will let you know if that works.

ncottle
New Contributor III

@mpermann, worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

JSG
New Contributor

I used the "Packages Installed By Casper" Criteria and tried to copy the .pkg name in it but it still won't work. Are there any other ways to solve this?

SOLVED:

I waited a while and after a few tries and about 30 minutes the package has shown up.