Issues getting computers enrolled in test JSS

cesposito
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up a test Casper Imaging environment and I am running into a little difficulty. I have imported our current production JSS into our test environment and it imported successfully. However, when I try to connect to the test JSS with the Casper Admin application, it reverts back to the production JSS address every time you try to enter a new JSS address in the preferences. However, the correct CasperShare folder on the test server is mounted, even though in the preferences, the JSS address entry is pointing to the current production server.

I have made sure to update all of the server information to reflect the change in distribution point, but there must be something else I am missing.

I can also image a computer in our test environment, as the correct CasperShare is mounted, but I notice the newly imaged machine has Software Center pointing to our production server as well, so the computer never gets enrolled into the test JSS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to answer any questions if anything isn't clear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Did you update the JSS URL in Settings->Global Management? If you loaded the production database, that will point to the production server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Did you update the JSS URL in Settings->Global Management? If you loaded the production database, that will point to the production server.

cesposito
New Contributor

Many thanks @alexjdale -- that was the setting I was forgetting!