Is a Jumpstart required?

myronjoffe
Contributor III

Over the years I have had mixed communications regarding when a Jumpstart is required.
If there is an engineer on-site at a new company that are looking at getting Casper is a Jumpstart required if the engineer has a CJA and CCA?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this...

10 REPLIES 10

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I know of a couple of occasions where JAMF has waived the JumpStart requirement if the user has been through a JumpStart before, become a CCA, and managed the JSS at another company. That's about the only exception to the JumpStart requirement that I have seen and it's been awhile, so I'm not sure JAMF is willing to be flexible. It's probably a good conversation to have with an Account Manager...

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

For me, even after 2 years of daily JAMF use, I am still aware that there are things I don't know or approaches to management that I may not use. I think it's a good thing having someone come in and provide a 3rd party view on your JSS.

justinrummel
Contributor III

Doing JumpStarts for JAMF for the past 3-4 years I get this question a lot. Every time, I usually get skepticism on why a JumpStart is required, but and the end of the two days they are always happy for the two days.

My guess JAMF requires this to ensure user satisfaction. It makes a difference.

- Justin

Millertime
New Contributor III

I suppose if you have people onsite that have the JAMF Certs and extensive REAL WORLD experience with the solution maybe you could try and skip it. Though personally speaking I was VERY pleased with the experience and glad I didn't push back on that one. I have many years of systems management experience (On the Win-doh's side) at a large enterprise, so my male nerd ego was telling me to try and skip it, and I'd just figure it out. Yeah... that wouldn't have gone well.

Seriously.. no regrets here. I say go for it, you won't regret it.
Bill

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

JAMF engineers and third party integrators will always have the edge when it comes to JumpStarts. Its the difference between tinkering and trying to figure things out yourself, vs leveraging the wealth of knowledge/expertise these folks bring to the table. If time is money, JumpStart is a no brainer.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

myronjoffe
Contributor III

Thank you! I appreciate everyones feedback...

Matt
Valued Contributor

The Jumpstart is still good because you can have other attend.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I never had one and I am doing just fine, though my predecessor did have it and he kind of gave me the run down when I took over...

krichterjr
Contributor

+1 to what @donmontalvo said

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

The casper suite is chock full of very simple things when combined, let you do a number of very complex things. Lots of stuff would probably get missed just because it wasn't pointed out to you and that's a good enough reason for me. Regardless, I like that JAMF requires the JumpStart as it ensures that folks don't have day one issues. I certainly enjoyed mine and then went on to the certs. That said, even if I went to a new company and started a new JAMF contract I'd still have them in for the JumpStart simply because I could bring the rest of the team with me. Better to have a group trained than a single tech.