Computer Management Commands

sinergi
New Contributor III

Hello,

I recently enrolled a machine and had just noticed it does not show any Management Commands tab, it appears on all the other computers except this one. The reason I found it was down to testing a configuration profile and trying to scope it to the machine but the machine was not to be found in the scope list...?

See the screenshot [http://tinyurl.com/knodpyx]

p.s. how do I add images here?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Jtuggle
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue with 10.10.3 computers. Re-imaging seems to fix it but I was wondering if you found out what caused it or if there is a better solution?

jconte
Contributor II

I am having this same problem as well.Seems to be more and more machines experiencing the problem. If anyone comes up with a resolution, please post.
Thanks

477ee6fc53e449d5abefb16fbf5c66ff

IIL
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same thing here too, and it seems to be happening to all machines we enroll from now on. The machines we are using are all running OS X 10.11.3 and we are on JSS 9.82 - I think we will test by enrolling a machine on 10.10 to see if the problem is linked to El Capitan...

Jtuggle
New Contributor II

We found the computers with this issue also report MDM Capability: No. To fix it without imaging, I deleted the JSS record and manually re-enrolled the computer using our url (simply re-enrolling did not work). This resolves the issue and students and staff do not lose any data. I wish there was a way to search for this result and to resolve the issue proactively rather than finding it when there is a problem like a policy not applying or a lost device that cannot be locked. If anyone knows how to do that, I would appreciate the tip!

jconte
Contributor II

Thanks Jennifer. We had an issue with our machines getting out to Apple, since we resolved that issue all new machines builds are working properly. Fixing the broken ones is our issue.

When you deleted the record, did all policies come back down to the machine ? We would like to avoid that situation.

Thanks
Jeff

Jtuggle
New Contributor II

Jeff, all policies stayed intact for us when it was enrolled again.