iOS 8 and Self Service app

dpenny
New Contributor III

We have upgraded several of our iPads to iOS 8 GM and the Self Service app will not launch. Has anyone else encountered this? The app just crashes on launch. It was working fine in the previous beta, but does not seem to work with the GM released on Tuesday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lunddal
Contributor

It works fine here in the GM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

justinrummel
Contributor III

iOS 8 has not been officially released. My guess wait till the 17th when it is publicly available and you will see an update from JAMF for your JSS to work with iOS 8.

- Justin

lunddal
Contributor

It works fine here in the GM.

dpenny
New Contributor III

After deleting the app and requesting a new device inventory, the app reinstalled and is working correctly now. It have been something with the way we upgraded the iPads and then restored from an iCloud backup.

@justinrummel][/url I realize that iOS 8 hasn't been released yet, but since Self Service is an app JAMF would have to go through the app submission process and wait for Apple's approval if there was a problem. While I was never a big fan of the web clip option, a native app has its own challenges.

@lunddal I'm going to mark your answer as solving the issue since you verified that it is working correctly on iOS 8.

Thanks.