Collecting Emails for Apple Device Enrollment Program

ahopkins
New Contributor II

We are gearing up for Apple's Device Enrollment Program in our school. So If I'm understanding this correctly.. The school has to collect all the parent emails, and send that list to Apple for VVP purchases.

If this is correct, I'm seeking an easy collection method to use during our open house. I'm thinking of creating a Google form, but I wanted to see if anyone has done his before?

Just looking for ideas,

6 REPLIES 6

justinrummel
Contributor III

DEP does not require parent emails. DEP states "School ABC" owns these devices and MUST talk to your MDM (JSS in this case) once they come online out of the box, or if someone resets the device.

You are thinking of VPP for students that are under 13 years old.

- Justin

ahopkins
New Contributor II

That's is it. I went to a meeting in March. They talked about that. So We still need to collect emails from parents to start the process for getting apple ids for students.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Before you expend too many hours on collecting emails for your 'AppleID for Students' roll-out, your enrollment office may already have all that information. You might want to check with them on what they have and if they have emails, how good they think their data quality is for them.

tadholyfamily
New Contributor

Backing up that bit about data quality. Had a lot of incorrect info in the roster here, it made a lot of trouble. You'll also need to write some very clear instructions to all of those parents just before you upload the spreadsheet to Apple, because people will not understand what to click in that email from Apple and what the "temporary passcode" is for.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Yeah, we did a call home using our notification system at 5:30pm, sent instructions home with the students, and then waited to upload the sheet until about 6pm that night so parents didn't get the emails before their kids gave them the info.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

We settled on Google form,,,,at open house we collected emails, we will see how this goes on to the next step...