Teacher iPad enrolled in DEP and managed through Casper

sstone
New Contributor II

Is there any way for the teacher with a managed iPad that is enrolled in DEP to connect the ipad to their school computer? Getting "The iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer."

He is taking video with the ipad and wants to download it to his computer.

5 REPLIES 5

mcooper
New Contributor III

Sounds like you have a Configuration Profile with Restrictions enabled. Make sure that "Allow host pairing with the exception of the supervision host" is checked in the Restrictions settings of that Configuration Profile.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Yep, you just need to allow host pairing. When you plug this into the computer after this is applied, the first time the iPad will say something like "allow this computer: <name>?". Note that if you are in a highly secure environment this does open the iPad up for a couple more attack vectors but for most people, they just want to sync something with iTunes.

sedwards
Contributor

Is still the case? I have iPads running the iOS 10.3.3 and have the "Allow pairing with non-Configurator hosts (supervised only)" checked off in restrictions yet I still get the "The iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer" when connected the iPad to a computer with iTunes.

gcarswell
New Contributor

sedwards,

I'm getting the same message, double-checked our settings and that option was enabled during enrollment. 9677a3c7dd954e37b26b171196d89c86

galionschools
Contributor

The prestage enrollment also needs pairing enabled as well. The checkbox is directly below the Supervise Devices setting.

b332916ab5c241ad82cefdde29752ba2