BYOD user-intiated enrollment scenario

ed_grof
New Contributor II

I am apologizing in advance for my inexperience with the Casper Suite. We just completed an installation a few days ago via Jumpstart.

My first task is to provide an environment where a select group (or individual) student accounts from AD can access software for their curriculum via self service. The students are bringing their own Macbook Pros and will be using these instead of our labs. From hours of research on Jamfnation, this doesn't seem to be the case where you can pre-populate users. From my understanding, I would have to wait for users to user-intiated enrollment then somehow search for the associated AD IDs then assign the policies for self service.

So with that thinking, I read a document on how to create a smart group looking for user-intiated enrollment without invitation (based on com.jamfsoftware.osxenrollment) and could not get that to work. Next I found criteria which looks like it's supposed to look for user-intiated enrollment and the JSS would hang with the message Please Wait...

I am using the latest version of the suite, but am at a loss as to how to automate this somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

geoffreykobrien
Contributor

I would create AD groups place the students in there, and scope the policies to the group. That way they can enroll the device, log into Self Service and be presented with the software. You can also do an enrollment complete policy that does the same thing, but it will increase the time to enroll exponentially.