Configuration for Zoom Features in Accessibility, Possilble?

jbutler47
Contributor II

Unless I have missed it, unable to control the Accessibility More Options listed in Mavericks as:

System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom > More Options > “When zoomed in, the screen images moves: Continuously with pointer”

The system default is "Only when the pointer reaches an edge", which is not useful for our purposes.

I have checked and checked, cannot find anything to change this setting.

Any advice or have others attempted?

Thanks.

JB

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Seems like that setting is stored in the com.apple.universalaccess.plist in the user space, under the setting called "closeViewPanningMode"
The following steps allowed me to script changing it to use the mode you're referring to

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist closeViewPanningMode -int 0
killall SystemUIServer
killall cfprefsd

After that the zoom followed my cursor. Before it only moved when the cursor reached the edge of the screen.

I would however recommend trying to set this with a Configuration profile or Managed Preferences (MCX) over just scripting it, especially if you want it to be an enforced setting. Although something like that is typically a personal preference and probably shouldn't be enforced, but that's your choice.