Casper Admin 9.32/Yosemite compatible?

rmaldon
New Contributor III

Hey guys -

We just moved up to 9.32 for Yosemite and Im doing some testing. From what I can see, I have no issues with any of the Casper tools( Composer, Remote, etc.) except for Casper Admin.

When I try to launch Casper Admin, I get the following:

external image link

Anyone else getting this or have any ideas? We are slated to move to 9.6 next week(don't ask me why we went in 2 progressions -_-)

Just wondering if this is specific to us, or a possible bug with Yosemite and Casper Admin. Ive already tried re-downloading the applications, and tried using on another machine... Just kind of stumped now

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@rmaldon

Unfortunately, we don’t guarantee any versions of the JSS or the Casper Suite applications prior to 9.6 will work as expected with computers running Yosemite.

This would not be considered a bug, as 9.32 was released well before Yosemite and was, thus, never tested on it. Versions of the JSS and the Casper Suite applications prior to 9.6 will not be updated for Yosemite compatibility, the resolution will be to upgrade to 9.6.

9.6 has been tested with Yosemite, and is compatible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

sinergi
New Contributor III

We also Had this problem but can confirm upgrading to 9.6 solves this issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@rmaldon

Unfortunately, we don’t guarantee any versions of the JSS or the Casper Suite applications prior to 9.6 will work as expected with computers running Yosemite.

This would not be considered a bug, as 9.32 was released well before Yosemite and was, thus, never tested on it. Versions of the JSS and the Casper Suite applications prior to 9.6 will not be updated for Yosemite compatibility, the resolution will be to upgrade to 9.6.

9.6 has been tested with Yosemite, and is compatible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

sinergi
New Contributor III

We also Had this problem but can confirm upgrading to 9.6 solves this issue.

rmaldon
New Contributor III

Thanks to both of you for the replies! We will just have to wait for our move to 9.6 upgrade!