JDS 9.61 install on RHEL 6.6 gives error

peo
New Contributor

When installing JDS 9.61 on RedHat i get the following:

[root@jds ~]# ./JDS-Linux-Installer-9.61.run Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing JDS Installer.......... Starting the JDS Installation Checking installation requirements... Checking for a supported Linux OS...Error: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server version must be 6.4 or 6.5 (Detected 6.6). Checking for a 64-bit OS...OK Aborting installation due to unsatisfied requirements. Installation failed. See /usr/local/jds/logs/jdsinstaller.log for more details. [root@jds ~]# more /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)
11 REPLIES 11

jpmaynar
New Contributor III

I am seeing the same error message. JDS 9.61 installer on RHEL 6.6.

bollman
Contributor II

Well, count me in...

shawn_peters
New Contributor

@peo Unfortunately this is a known issue that was introduced in version 9.6. Since 9.61 was a release to seal up possible Poodle vulnerabilities we did not have a fix for this issue in the latest release. This issue will be resolved in the next released version of the JDS and is being tracked with defect number D-007741. I apologize for the inconveniences that this is causing, please let me know if you have any questions.

bollman
Contributor II

I "solved" it the naughty way: just change the 6 to a 5 in /etc/redhat-release and the jds installs fine, no problemo.
Your mileage may vary, of course. I have yet to discover if anything is broken, but it doesn't seem that way.
In the JSS it shows up as RHEL 6.6 :)

Edit: fixed spelling...

bollman
Contributor II

Hm, it seems the apache_aliases.conf is empty so it's not possible to connect to the JDS. Can anyone provide a copy of that file so I can recreate from that?

htse
Contributor III
DavLockDB /tmp/DavLock
Alias /CasperShare /usr/local/jds/shares/CasperShare
<Directory /usr/local/jds/shares/CasperShare>
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /CasperShareDAV /usr/local/jds/shares/CasperShare
<Location /CasperShareDAV>
        DAV On
        ForceType text/plain
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "WebDAV Restricted"
        AuthUserFile /usr/local/jds/shares/.DAVlogin
        Options None
        <Limit GET PROPFIND>
                require user webDavReadUsername
        </Limit>
        <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
                require user webDavWriteUsername
        </Limit>
</Location>

Alias /eBooks /usr/local/jds/shares/eBooks
<Directory /usr/local/jds/shares/eBooks>
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /mobileDeviceApps /usr/local/jds/shares/mobileDeviceApps
<Directory /usr/local/jds/shares/mobileDeviceApps>
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

htse
Contributor III

we had the same issue with being unable to connect to the JDS after upgrading to 9.61. Our apache_aliases.conf was also empty after the upgrade. Restoring the conf file from backup restored JDS functionality.

prodservices
New Contributor III

Thanks to htse, this solved our issue. We're running RHEL 6.5 and didn't get any errors when upgrading, but the upgrade hosed that conf file nonetheless. Thanks for posting the contents of said conf file.

jbrannock
New Contributor

Thanks, Our JDS lost the Aliases config as well.

We also had to downgrade NSS and redhat-release-server.

yum downgrade nss nss-sysinit nss-tools nss-util nss-softokn
yum downgrade redhat-release-server

I then added this to the /etc/yum.conf file

exclude=nss*, redhat-release*

The JDS installer appears to run yum to upgrade Apache and also updates NSS and redhat-release beyond supported levels.

matt_jamison
Contributor

I reported the apache_aliases.conf file being empty on October 23rd, still waiting to hear back from JAMF Support on it. Also seeing some errors in the JDS logs and a weird error when I check for policys manually. Looks like it thinks i'm running Debian/Ubuntu:

[root@packages logs]# /usr/local/sbin/jamfds policy
Adding password for user webDavReadUsername
Adding password for user webDavWriteUsername
/bin/sh: /usr/sbin/apache2: No such file or directory
AttributeError - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Then this appears in the logs:

2014-10-27 22:12:34,872 ERROR 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 94, in main File "/home/dev/jenkins/workspace/jamfds-build-release/label/build-rhel-jds.jamfsw.corp/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/jds", line 515, in policy File "/home/dev/jenkins/workspace/jamfds-build-release/label/build-rhel-jds.jamfsw.corp/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/jds", line 628, in enable File "/home/dev/jenkins/workspace/jamfds-build-release/label/build-rhel-jds.jamfsw.corp/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/jds", line 332, in write_aliases File "/home/dev/jenkins/workspace/jamfds-build-release/label/build-rhel-jds.jamfsw.corp/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/utils", line 333, in is_apache_version_two_four_or_greater File "/home/dev/jenkins/workspace/jamfds-build-release/label/build-rhel-jds.jamfsw.corp/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/utils", line 325, in get_major_minor_revision
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

matt_jamison
Contributor

Oh and I'm still on 6.5 and my nss packages have already been downgraded and restricted from upgrading.