NetSUS: Can't Purge Deprecated Updates

johnnasset
Contributor

I'm attempting to purge all of my deprecated updates from our NetSUS server (just upgraded to 3.0.2). Navigating to /var/lib/reposado and executing the following:

repoutil --purge-product all-deprecated

I get:

repoutil: command not found

I can see the command listed in the directory. I've tried running as root as well. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danielc29
New Contributor III

Try running sudo ./repoutil --purge-product all-deprecated from the same directory

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

danielc29
New Contributor III

Try running sudo ./repoutil --purge-product all-deprecated from the same directory

johnnasset
Contributor

Perfect? Second question, my drive isn't showing any additional free space after the purge. How do I go about making that drive space available for the rest of the OS?

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Don't forget you have to remove the update(s) from all branches before they will purge.

Easiest way is to search your branch for 'deprecated' and clear all.

Treger
Contributor

Hi guys,

I am having the same issue with my NETSUS, I have run the command above and it has not cleared any of the deprecated files it seemed to run successfully and returned no errors. When I use the Web-UI to try "Clear all Deprecated" it doesn't appear to action anything, I even tried to filter it with a search, select one update and then clear it but that had no effect either... Am I missing a trick here?

SFRANCIS004
New Contributor III

We just set up a NetSUS 5 VM and clicking purge deprecated doesn't free up disk space. Is there another way around this?