Packaging / Deploying WINE-wrapped applications.

c0n0r
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone was packaging and deploying WINE-wrapped (or Play-On Mac wrapped) applications. My company is currently using Citrix Receiver to host applications, I'm thinking of trying to wrap the apps and offer them through Self Service. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

aandersen
New Contributor

I'm trying to package and deploy an application that is wrapped by WINE (called Projector - from https://www.projectorpsa.com/ ) and so far, no luck.

The application when downloaded from vendor, upon first run, will install various dependancies within the WINE bottle (such as .NET). For now I can only package the .app before running the first time. This means users will have to wait through the 5-15min process of downloading and installing the internal dependancies.

I need to get a package that will work with all the dependencies already installed so the app will just run.

Running a "Normal Snapshot" in Composer did not work, when the package was deployed the app would attempt to run and then fail silently. I did make sure that Composer caught all the WINE-related items in the package. My fear is that WINE/Internal configuration files are using specific/hard location references based on the user, and those (obviously) don't get modified by the deployment process.

I am going to try again using a "New & Modified" snapshot, and even a "Monitor File System Changes" snapshot - if I get it to work I'll post here again.