Directory Services

midnigh7
New Contributor

What is everyone using for directory services?

Right now my company has OD running, but nothing bound to it. We have a mix of workstations OSX and Windows, but are mostly a OSX shop. Is the standard deployment AD&OD for everyone? If I just bind to OD, I would be loosing out really with my Windows workstations, would I not?

We really need to implement some authentication system to better secure the environment. I just want to get a feel for what everyone else is doing.

Thanks,
-Midnigh7-

2 REPLIES 2

iJake
Valued Contributor

We are vastly more Windows workstations than Mac so we are an AD shop. When I worked for a school system, though, we would run OD in the schools and then have the OD act as an AD domain controller for the Windows workstations so they could have directory services as well.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We work as a professional services company. The only directory services I've seen for the past 4-5 years is AD, that's in education and corporate environments. I did work on eDirectory for one customer but that was a few years ago.

I was a big fan of OD, but only use it to supplement AD. I haven't seen it as a primary directory service for several years.