New Macs and Adobe Illustrator

5kinner
New Contributor III

Hi All,

At one of my sites they are having problems with new macs and Adobe Illustrator CS6. They are crashing inconsistently. It's a weird case as there are some users who have no problems, however a user who has just been handed a New Mac Pro is having it crash 3 times a day.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem and what did you do to solve if there is a solution ...

4 REPLIES 4

perrycj
Contributor III

Lots of variables to consider...

What OS? Is it only Mac pros? How is CS6 being installed/deployed? Could you post a snippet of the error you get when it crashes? Does it happen in other user accounts on the same Macs that are exhibiting the problem?

gskibum
Contributor III

Did you Migration Assistant the apps over to the new boxes, or install them from scratch?

I have found that sometimes Migration Assistant will leave behind unstable CS apps, especially when migrating from a very old OS on an old box to a brand new OS on a new box. However reinstalls of CS remedies these things.

endor-moon
Contributor II

Are you using Yosemite and is Office 2011 for Mac installed with the 1446 update? See:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12639

5kinner
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Migration assistant is blocked ... and at my site Yosemite isn't approved. Some things I've tried after countless hours of reading the net ...

- Things suggested online
- Disk Permissions
- Update All Apps
- App Nap
- Plugins – delete all unnecessary ones or move them out and add in once needed?
- Unplugging all unnecessary external devices
- Flush Caches