Hail Mary Pass - Off Topic

gskibum
Contributor III

I've got a user who was just informed her mother has been diagnosed with a dire medical condition.

She is wondering if there is any way of retrieving deleted voice mail messages from AT&T's system. I highly doubt that but it doesn't hurt to ask. So here I am in hopes of someone who has been down this road knowing the ins and outs of this.

However, she did recently get a new iPhone and still has the old iPhone. Working with the old iPhone seems more likely to produce a positive result. Maybe with a jailbreak I would be able to access the data? Does anyone know about the possibility of pulling this off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

When my wife died in February, I used Phoneview http://ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/ to retrieve the contents on her phone, including any current voicemails. I don't recall if these were in the "deleted messages" section or not. I suspect they were not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

scottb
Honored Contributor

@gskibum,

Not sure if she's done this, but if you open "Phone" and then goto Voicemail, you see "Deleted Messages" at the bottom. If she needs to go beyond that, I'm not sure what to do. Might want to call an AT&T store and ask - but maybe someone else here knows.

external image link

gskibum
Contributor III

Thank you I'm going to try that fist change I can get hands on with the phones. This user is sharp so I do expect she has already looked there.

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

When my wife died in February, I used Phoneview http://ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/ to retrieve the contents on her phone, including any current voicemails. I don't recall if these were in the "deleted messages" section or not. I suspect they were not.

perrycj
Contributor III

+1 on Phoneview. Great app and I use it often for archiving, etc. Definitely worth a shot.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@damienbarrett - sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Condolences.

Phone view looks good - thanks for the tip guys.

jennifer
Contributor

Does anyone know if something like Phone View exists for Android phones? There was some stuff I really wanted off mine when I switched to iOS but couldn't figure it out.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Any one from News of the World? I hear they are good at getting into voicemails....