CS6 AAMEE Package breaks when Acro Pro 11 is installed

mbezzo
Contributor III

Hi All,
I've searched and poked around a bit but can't seem to find any info on this - if you do know of an existing thread, please point me to it! :)

Anyway, I have a nice working AAMEE CS6 package that I exclude Acrobat from. It installs and works great both at imaging time and just pushing the package through ARD. We have Acrobat 11 Pro licensed separately and I've used Adobe's tool to package it and it also installs and works just fine. The problem seems to be when they're BOTH installed. Acrobat seems to always kill the CS6 products. They open up with an error saying to reinstall. If I delete the CS6 Apps from the Applications folder, and repush the CS6 Package it works just fine. Has anyone else seen this and/or figured out a solution? Is it the order? Do I need to install Acrobat, update acrobat, and THEN push CS6? I seem to remember doing it that way broke Acrobat! But.. i don't know...

4 REPLIES 4

monosodium
Contributor

I had this issue a couple years ago now with CS 5 and CS 6. Same issues you are having here; unfortunately our end solution (after weeks of researching) was to just upgrade everything to CS 6. I have found that Adobe products work horribly with different versions of each other and go out of my way to make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. You might try the Adobe forums, there are some Adobe reps that will reply if you ask nicely.

mbezzo
Contributor III

Yes, Adobe products are a pain! :) I'm trying a few things, who knows. And yes, I'll take a peek at the Adobe forums.

Thanks for the reply!

mbezzo
Contributor III

Okay, so I think maybe I've figured out more what's happening. So after installing CS6 and Acrobat Pro 11 the /Library/App Support/Adobe folder has a ton of stuff in it. As it should. After imagining both CS6 and Acrobat open and work fine. I then update Acrobat using the 11.0.9 updater from adobe and.... once it completes CS6 won't open, Acrobat is still fine but the /Library/App Support/Adobe folder is basically empty! Only has two items that seem to be referencing Acrobat. So it would seem that the 11.0.9 installer magically erases the contents of that folder! I'm packing up the contents now from a functioning install and will see if simply pushing that will fix the issue...

mbezzo
Contributor III

It works! But... Photoshop whines about not being properly installed... but it opens. So I don't know if it's really broken or not. Man this is annoying Adobe... :)