Possible 9.62 bug: Display Name

jpfromdc98
New Contributor III

So I've noticed that if I change the display name of a script in Casper Admin and save it, it's not represented in the JSS via the web app. If I change in the web app, it seems to be fine. Is anyone else seeing this?

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@jpwade31

I did a little digging, as well as confirming that my 9.62 JSS does the same, and it appears that we've got this open under D-007894 as a known issue; it can also affect the display name of non-flat .pkg files.

As you've already discovered, the workaround is to rename in the webapp instead of in Casper Admin.

If you haven't already opened up a case with your Technical Account Manager, please do so, as having cases opened and attached is helpful for our QA team. The more information, the better!
You can open up a case by either giving support a call, by sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it will route directly to your Technical Account Manager's case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

jpfromdc98
New Contributor III

Follow up:

So apparently when you change the name in the web app, it creates an empty container for the script and moves the script itself into an unknown category. I'll file this with my Tech Account manager.