Removing Profile not installed by MDM error loop

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Having an issue were the JSS is constantly trying to remove a profile that doesn't exist and was removed from those machines. The error that shows up in the management section of the computers is:

Cannot remove profile '95E63FA1-CD4C-4AF5-AD36-BEE633C611A8' because it was not installed by the MDM server <MDMClientError:96>

I have tracked down the table in mySQL that is sending this command as : "mobile_device_management_commands".

My question is will this loop continue and try to remove this profile, which from logs is constant every day or so on hundreds of machines. Could I just make a backup of the database and remove the entries from that table that are trying to remove that profile to clear the errors?

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I've had similar issues to this previously. Particularly MDM commands getting "stuck" and then queueing up.

I would backup the database and truncate the table to clear it out.### EDIT ###

As @amanda.wulff says, definitely contact your JAMF technical support contact if you are unsure, truncating tables is destructive so make sure you have a backup you are confident in, and understand the effect mysql commands will have on your database before pressing return in the command prompt!

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@tron_jones

If you haven't contacted your Technical Account Manager about this yet, I'd recommend you do so; we have some commands we can use to clear out stuck MDM commands as well as a short set of steps to use to remove a deleted profile that's stuck and that we want off of a device (or group of devices).

They aren't instructions we typically post on public forums as, if used incorrectly or in the wrong situations, they can be pretty destructive and cause some significant issues, but it's something your Technical Account Manager would be happy to go over with you.

You can get in touch with your Technical Account Manager by giving Support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it will go directly to your TAM's case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support