3rd Party System Preferences Grayed Out

robby_barnes
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to create a policy that only grays out the policy tab in system preferences. I have that working except that it seems to gray out all other 3rd party system preference panels, except the ones that are explicitly included in the JSS (i.e. java control panel).

We have several people that use programs like Hazel that require a system preference panel, and I can't figure out how to make it so ONLY the profiles pane is blocked. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

perrycj
Contributor III

If you're using configuration profiles, you can make a custom configuration profile on an OS X client running Server.app V3 or above and then import it into the JSS for distribution. Just make sure the panes you want to show up are also installed on this client. So using Hazel as an example, make sure it's installed on the client you use to make the custom configuration profile.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

perrycj
Contributor III

If you're using configuration profiles, you can make a custom configuration profile on an OS X client running Server.app V3 or above and then import it into the JSS for distribution. Just make sure the panes you want to show up are also installed on this client. So using Hazel as an example, make sure it's installed on the client you use to make the custom configuration profile.

hkabik
Valued Contributor

beaten to the punch.

robby_barnes
New Contributor III

It is a configuration profile. I'll try making it through server and uploading it instead of creating it on JSS. Thanks!

robby_barnes
New Contributor III

hkabik that's what it says, but it only applies to built in system preferences. All 3rd party ones (except the two that JSS shows) are automatically blocked out in addition to anything you manually check the box for.

JamesJhoung
Contributor

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=204