OT - Sign in/sign out laptop carts (web based to keep track of carts)

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

Hey all, I'm trying to find a web based, simple to use, sign in/sign out style for the student laptop carts. How are some members here tracking cart usage?

We want to be able to see the history of which teacher 'borrowed' the cart on what day (log) along with being able to reserve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

npynenberg
Contributor

We use phpscheduleit. (Open source, easy to install) It's flexible enough to allow 'mod' based scheduling which is ideal for us.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpscheduleit/

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

npynenberg
Contributor

We use phpscheduleit. (Open source, easy to install) It's flexible enough to allow 'mod' based scheduling which is ideal for us.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpscheduleit/

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

@npynenberg Thanks for the link! I just downloaded and will be trying this out. I'm guessing the $10 mentioned on their site is for the hosting? Otherwise, its free?

npynenberg
Contributor

We self host, and haven't paid a dime.

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

@npynenberg Thanks! Got it installed and almost running. Are you using AD authentication?

npynenberg
Contributor

We are not, I planned to implement that this summer.

SQR
New Contributor

I was curious about this as well.... what about using something like Exchange Outlook Calendar in the same way one could book a conference room?

is there any tracking purposes there? it should block out the cart for that period of time?

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

@npynenberg Reason I asked is because I had an issue with AD integration but got it working now.

@raquel It may work under certain scenarios (mail room) but I have almost 200 carts across 9 schools. I found Booked Scheduler fits my need perfectly.

npynenberg
Contributor

Good to know Johnny.Kim. If I have any issues I know who to call! :-)

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

@npynenberg Feel free to hit me up! And thanks again!