JSS Malfunctions in v9.63

themacdweeb
Contributor

Hey Gang,

Our set up:
JSS v9.63

Our Issue:
We're seeing that editing info in the JSS via the web interface doesn't save certain crucial information. This includes (but maybe isn't limited to): package limitations, timing for launching policies and more. I posted a video to better demonstrate what we're seeing.

Browsers Tested:
Chrome v39.0 & Safari 7.1.2

Here's the link to the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9P31uDn69M&feature=youtu.be

As you can see in the video, the JSS will not save changes we're trying to make to a particular pkg's limitations. Only by going to the file via the Casper Admin application can changes be made. Is anyone else seeing this problem? If so, have you found a fix for it?

Cheers and thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@themacdweeb

So, I tested this out and in Safari 8.0.2 and Chrome 40.0.2214.85 beta (64-bit) (I know, I know...beta in production).

In Safari, I was able to reproduce it.

In the Chrome Beta, it worked as expected.

I had a colleague test using Chrome 39, and we saw the behavior you've described.

It also appears to happen in Firefox 26 and, realizing that version is terribly out of date, I updated Firefox to 35, and see the same behavior.

I'll go ahead and get a defect filed and post back with the ID when it's finished.

If you don't mind, I'd like to link to your Youtube video from the defect so our development and QA people can take a look if they run into trouble replicating it during their testing.

Good catch!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@themacdweeb

So, I tested this out and in Safari 8.0.2 and Chrome 40.0.2214.85 beta (64-bit) (I know, I know...beta in production).

In Safari, I was able to reproduce it.

In the Chrome Beta, it worked as expected.

I had a colleague test using Chrome 39, and we saw the behavior you've described.

It also appears to happen in Firefox 26 and, realizing that version is terribly out of date, I updated Firefox to 35, and see the same behavior.

I'll go ahead and get a defect filed and post back with the ID when it's finished.

If you don't mind, I'd like to link to your Youtube video from the defect so our development and QA people can take a look if they run into trouble replicating it during their testing.

Good catch!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

janis_watts
New Contributor

Hi,

This is a known defect filed back in 9.2. The defect number is D-005704. I would reach out to your Technical Account Manager to have a case created and attached to the defect. Thanks!

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@janis.roadt

You found one I'd missed! I'll just update the comments on D-005704.

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

themacdweeb
Contributor

Thanks, Amanda and Janis! Should I be concerned that this has been an issue since V9.2?!