JSS Configuration Profiles error

Merkley
New Contributor III

We are using Configuration Profiles to manage our Mac OS X student systems. We use the restrictions to restrict which applications the students have access to. I've had to add a couple applications to the approved list and I save the profile and say Distribute to All Computers. I had a few teachers say their students don't have access to the new software so I decided to check their machines in the JSS and under the Management tab under the Failed Commands area it says "Profile with the Identifier 'xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx' not found. <MDMClientError:89>"

I recently upgraded to Casper 9.62 from 9.32 and moved from a Xserve to a Mac Pro 2013. I thought maybe after the upgrade something got screwed up with the configuration profiles that were already created so I created a new one that I could test this out on and it came up with the same error after I had made changes to it. I've recreated the certificates because it is a new server.

I'm not sure what else to try. I know the configuration profiles are getting installed on first login but after that they don't get changed because of the error above.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelC
New Contributor III

We're getting the same thing with Casper 9.63 - also on an application restriction profile, as it happens, although that may simply be because that's the only profile we've updated after distribution.

What seems to work is cloning the original policy, making the necessary alterations to the clone, then taking the original out of scope. The new profile gets a new identifier so is distributed as normal, and the old profile seems to be successfully removed. I'm not sure yet whether it's safe to delete the old version from Casper immediately, or if it needs to remain in order to trigger its removal from the client machines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MichaelC
New Contributor III

We're getting the same thing with Casper 9.63 - also on an application restriction profile, as it happens, although that may simply be because that's the only profile we've updated after distribution.

What seems to work is cloning the original policy, making the necessary alterations to the clone, then taking the original out of scope. The new profile gets a new identifier so is distributed as normal, and the old profile seems to be successfully removed. I'm not sure yet whether it's safe to delete the old version from Casper immediately, or if it needs to remain in order to trigger its removal from the client machines.

Merkley
New Contributor III

I had a ticket in with JAMF Support and they said it's a bug they are working on. It's bug D-008182. They told me about that workaround and it worked for me as well. Hopefully they'll have an update soon to fix this.

skeb1ns
Contributor

Bump, we're still having this issue on Casper 9.65. Any updates on this?