Mac issues authenicating with AD

nfison89
New Contributor

We have just started supporting Macs into our environment. We are primarily a Windows shop but are really starting to expand into Macs.
One of the biggest issues we are running into is that we can't seem to have success with having the user log in with their domain credentials and it actually create their profile. It works maybe about 10% of the time.
We bind our Macs to the domain and then we get network authenication not available almost all of the time.
Has anyone where seen this issue? Is it most likely a AD setting that we don't have configured correctly or something?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

scottb
Honored Contributor

When we began, the single most common issue was the clocks being out of range. Once we put in the company time server, it was night and day. I would query your AD team and get the clock right on the Mac clients to start.
There are many things that can go wrong, but since you are seeing 10% success, it sounds as if your basic settings are at least close.
Try that to start.

nfison89
New Contributor

Thank you, I believe we should be able to use the timeset script that is available here on jamfnation or is there another method you used?

scottb
Honored Contributor

We have a bunch of scripts that run during imaging, but I'm sure anything you find here will work just fine.
You can manually test simply by putting in the Time Server info on a Mac (System Prefs/Date & Time/)