Change to login script via policy - behaviour in Yosemite 10.10

nigelg
Contributor

Hi all

I have very recently started testing Yosemite in a test environment using 9.63 and I have hit a snag with my login script.

I run the login script via a policy set to run at login with frequency set at ongoing. The script does a number of things which include launching a second script as the user which does some syncing using rsync.

On Mavericks with Casper 9.32, this identical setup of script via login policy allowed the user to get to the desktop while I displayed some information and while the sync completed.

On Yosemite with Casper 9.63, the desktop is NOT displayed until the scripts have completed and there can be quite a delay while the sync takes place.

Has anyone noticed this and does anyone have a work around for it? If not then I might have to start launching the syncing via a launch agent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @nigelg

I'd suggest checking the settings in your JSS:

"Settings" > "Computer Management" > "Check-In" > "Login/Logout Hooks".

Is the "Perform login hook actions in background" option selected?

If not that might be worth a go.

Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @nigelg

I'd suggest checking the settings in your JSS:

"Settings" > "Computer Management" > "Check-In" > "Login/Logout Hooks".

Is the "Perform login hook actions in background" option selected?

If not that might be worth a go.

Darren

SeanA
Contributor III

Along what @daz_dar said, perform a sanity-check of your JSS settings regarding login/logout hooks would have been my first guess.

nigelg
Contributor

Excellent that was exactly the problem. I assumed it was more sandboxing on Apples part and as i said, i only have this test environment running on the most basic settings. Thanks very much guys, I'll check through every other tab now to make sure I haven't missed anything! Cheers again.