Packaging AirServer Success?

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

New to AirServer. Anybody have tips on packaging it? Built .DMG with FUT and FEU checked, but asks for serial still.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

You can activate it after it is installed from the Terminal.

/Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer --activate "ActivationCode"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I haven't tried packaging AirServer personally but I would suspect that either Composer (assuming you're using Composer) is missing a file somewhere. Perhaps try fseventer to track what happens when you enter the license code and what files are read on subsequent launches.

The other possibility is that preference caching is getting in the way. The FUT and FEU methods are starting to struggle when manipulating preference files. If it is a preference file it needs you could try using a custom configuration profile instead.

tron_jones

You can activate it after it is installed from the Terminal.

/Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer --activate "ActivationCode"

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for your tips. I added @tron_jones script to run after the install and it worked.

nmanager
New Contributor III

I created a script with that above command but can't get it to run under self service
Script

acticate AirServer

/Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer --activate 1233455797898

It get an error that the policy failed to run

nessts
Valued Contributor II

is that command supposed to run as root or as the user, because it is most likely running as root.

nmanager
New Contributor III

I tried running it as the logged in user as well. With the same error

nmanager
New Contributor III

Not sure why but adding quotes seemed to fix the issue

sudo /Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer --activate 1233455797898
to
"sudo /Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer --activate 1233455797898"

millersc
Valued Contributor

@tron_jones How did you find this command? And do you if there are more commands? I'm finding their CS to be "lacking" in the helpful department.

tron_jones

From terminal.app:

strings /Applications/AirServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AirServer | grep '--'

Not very reliable, but it beats no documentation.

--<(
--activate
--validate
--deactivate