Can we push windows AD GPO's to jamfcloud and push it though to the machines

Tigerhaven
Contributor

Hi everyone, i am really new here and we are trying to push the gpo's for wifi etc to Mac machines. is there a way i can do it. I will appreciate any help.

Kunal V
5 REPLIES 5

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Its Mac. Not MAC. MAC is something like this = 00:e4:23:f5:43:01
Or if you're old school Moves Adds Changes

Lots of people here roll their eyes when they see some one type MAC. Just giving you the heads up now :)

Anyway, I think the answer is no. You should probably look at creating configuration profiles that contain your required Wi-Fi configuration payloads and maybe some configuration profiles that contain any certificates you might need to go with it etc etc. You could then, assuming your JSS is configured for it, and your clients are setup for it use APNs (Apple's push notification system) to deploy the config profiles to the machines

When in doubt, start with the product manual.
http://www.jamfsoftware.com/resources/resources-casper-suite/product-documentation/

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I agree with @calumhunter on the config profile method.

From the wording of your question I was wondering if you have the Casper Suite? If you wanted to use AD GPOs you would be looking at a product like Centrify DirectControl (not sure if I'll get thrown out for saying that ;)

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Also, a Mac is not a PC. There is no registry. There is binding to AD for authentication/Kerberos, but no native support for group policy. That's where something like Casper comes in...

Tigerhaven
Contributor

thanks Calumhunter, david and Robert,
thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Kunal V

Stuey
New Contributor III

I'd also recommend Config Profiles.

I recently setup a Config Profile to fetch the AD Certificate and connect to the Wi-Fi Network, saving our HelpDesk team a LOT of time.
It's taken a 10 minute Wi-Fi setup down to around 20 seconds, and as we use User certificates for wi-fi, when the users bust their keychains, we can have them back up within 5 minutes.