9.6.4 update pulled?

ahanley
New Contributor II

It looks like the 9.6.4 download has been removed and the most current version is now 9.6.3. Does anyone know anything about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ahanley
New Contributor II

Response from JAMF

"Thank you for reaching out. There was a defect found in 9.64 where Policies will not run on devices, unless someone is logged in. Due to this defect, they pulled the update, and will be releasing 9.65 soon. We do not have a time table on this release at this time."

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Odd. I was able to get the 9.64 update successfully applied in our test environment...

ahanley
New Contributor II

When did you download it? Can you check your MyAssets now to see if it is there?

ahanley
New Contributor II

According to a user on this thread it looks like there is an issue with 9.64 and they are trying to get it updated to 9.65 available by end of day.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13447

nigelg
Contributor

My assets include 9.63 only. Hmm

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

I grabbed it earlier this week. Monday maybe? I'm showing 9.63 as the current version in MyAssets.

millersc
Valued Contributor

There are some defects that appear to be critical. I'm actually glad they pulled it so others don't have issues.

rlincoln
New Contributor

same deal. We just updated to 9.64 yesterday but its gone from My Assets...

ahanley
New Contributor II

Response from JAMF

"Thank you for reaching out. There was a defect found in 9.64 where Policies will not run on devices, unless someone is logged in. Due to this defect, they pulled the update, and will be releasing 9.65 soon. We do not have a time table on this release at this time."

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Yes, pulled, waiting for 9.65. Thank heavens for my DEV server, installed 9.64 Linux installer and Tomcat will not startup no matter what. Until I see 9.65 installing and working on DEV, not going PROD

kilodelta
New Contributor III

They pulled it just as I was finishing an upgrade *to* 9.64 in our production environment. Thankfully, a downgrade to 9.63 is apparently possible in this release - all I had to do was clean out the webapps folder and drop in the 9.63 ROOT.war file. The 93 clients or so who had upgraded their jamf binary downgraded to 9.63 within a few minutes, as well.

Obviously, not an ideal situation, but it's nice to admin a product like this where a failure like this doesn't completely hose you.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyone -

Yes, we did remove Casper Suite 9.64 from JAMF Nation yesterday afternoon. We uncovered a defect that prevents a Mac from running a policy unless a user is logged in. Because of the severity of this defect, we decided to remove it from JAMF Nation and have just released Casper Suite 9.65.

This defect impacts computers that have been upgraded to 9.64 and are not logged in. Impacted computers will regain communication with the JSS after any user logs in.

If there are still machines not communicating with the JSS after your JSS is upgraded to 9.65, follow the steps in the Knowledge Base Article here.

Thank you for your patience.

justinrummel
Contributor III

Are the fixes that were in 9.64 also hold true to 9.65? The release notes do not show the old fixes.

http://resources.jamfsoftware.com/documents/products/documentation/Casper-Suite-9.64-Release-Notes.pdf

- Justin

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

@justinrummel - Yes, all fixes in 9.64 are also in 9.65. Thanks for posting the link to the release notes, you can also view release notes for 9.64 under "Previous Releases" in your Assets.

justinrummel
Contributor III

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

@justinrummel - Can you check again? We added it back so people could access the release notes. It's showing for me, are you still not seeing it?

justinrummel
Contributor III

It's there now... must had been too quick. THANKS!

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@jake][/url I'm getting random machines that are on 9.64 that are not auto updating to 9.65 because somehow the do_not_upgrade_jamf key got set to true in /Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.plist, I have try to manually ssh into these machines and change it back to false before they will upgrade to 6.95. Any idea what is going on?

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

@chriscollins - This does not seem related. I am going to have your account manager reach out and he'll help you get it sorted out.

Thanks.