Configuration Profile blocking Yosemite Extensions

skeb1ns
Contributor

Hi,

We have started rolling out Yosemite this week (10.10.2) and an employee mentioned that he can't use new the extensions features like the calculator widget in the today bar and the share menu in safari (It displays No Service). The default extensions simply aren't available in System Preferences. The extensions tab however is accessible.

After some testing I came to the conclusion that this behaviour occurs when I set access restrictions in System Preferences and push the Configuration profile at a user level to the device. Even when I don't block anything (just select the payload) the extensions aren't there.

The only two things that I want to block are the Profiles and Sharing tab.

Anyone else on this? We are running the latest Casper version (9.65).

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

SeanA
Contributor III

All the items in ALL the tabs in the Restrictions payload are applied when you send it. You will need to set all the configurations, including Widgets (i.e. select all for "Allow only the following Dashboard widgets to run") in the Restrictions payload.

skeb1ns
Contributor

Isn't the tab Widgets applied to the pre-Yosemite dashboard widgets? Because I enabled those as a test and It didn't made a difference :(.

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

skeb1ns
Contributor
This will be the answer to you. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13248

This worked! Thanks Kumarasinghe! I nearly pulled my hair out on this one since I couldn't find out why this happend.