DEP, backup and location services not being skipped

Bremmer
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to skip the iCloud and Location questions at the 'first-boot' wizard on iPads. After configuring a 'Prestage Enrollment' for the iPads I've selected the checkbox to skip 'Location' and 'Restore' options.

However, iPads are still prompted with this steps, while setting up te iPad.
I'm currently using JSS version 9.65 and the iPads are on the latest iOS version (8.2)

Am I missing something? Thx!

3 REPLIES 3

Kelly_Conrad
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey there!

Have we confirmed that we have added those devices to the Prestage Enrollment scope? I know sometimes that gets missed in the process.

Thanks!

Bremmer
New Contributor

Yep, the devices have been added to the scope.

For your information: Alle the other DEP settings are applying correctly. For example, the Prestage Enrollment for these specific iPads is configured to skip the Apple ID & License Agreement. This configuration is applied correctly, so the users does not see the steps of Apple ID & License Agreement. Strange enough it does not apply the settings of Location Service and Backup

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Is it a setting that was just change/applied? If the device has already made an activation request before the change was made it will hold onto the old info. The new changes won't take effect until it's been restored and gets new activation information.