Re-enrolling Devices through Self Service (Urgent help needed)

Eisiminger
New Contributor III

Alright, I've run into a pretty big problem here. I have ~10,000 devices enrolled in the JSS. As of right now I have less than 24 hours to renew my Push Certificate or it will expire and everything will fall apart. The only problem is that our old director who made the Cert is no longer with us. I've exhausted my resources to find out which Apple ID it was and now I'm running out of time. Would I be able to cache a quick add package, or some other kind of enrollment method today in order to get devices re-enrolled by the user in the event that we need to make a new Push Certificate? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eisiminger
New Contributor III

Nathan from JAMF has reached out to me, and we are going to walk through my options. @GaToRAiD I will definitely be looking into CasperCheck. Looks very useful!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GaToRAiD
Contributor II

@Eisiminger I would do this for your system. It's pretty much a full proof system.

https://github.com/rtrouton/CasperCheck

This is what we use to keep systems checking in with our system in case something changes.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

@Eisiminger Yes you can create a cached QuickAdd, or just a non cached QuickAdd (made through recon.app) and have machines reinstall it on next checkin. (i've done it to change dns names)

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Eisiminger you may not even need to cache a QuickAdd package. You should be able to just have your users go to the enrollment URL of your JSS, assuming you have it turned on, and they can download it themselves.

Eisiminger
New Contributor III

Nathan from JAMF has reached out to me, and we are going to walk through my options. @GaToRAiD I will definitely be looking into CasperCheck. Looks very useful!