Issues with .mobileconfig on Mac

ifbell
Contributor

I am trying to use a mobileconfig on my macs that have 10.0.2. The issue is that when I set the password policy allow simple or not allow simple and set a 15 character password along with expire times and repeatability. I apply the profile at the computer level and any local user I have prior to the install I can set the password according to the password restrictions. Any new local users I cannot set a correct password thusly no creation. If I remove the password restriction from the computer level config and implement the password restriction with a user level config for just the password. I get the message that the password was not changed as it did not meet complexity requirements. This is being done for testing by creating the Profile in JAMF and downloading it then applying the profile to a new OS build that has no other policies applied.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Yeah I have been down this road already myself. No matter what you do it will not work in Yosemite. The same profile deployed the same way on Mavericks works fine. There is clearly a bug in Yosemite.

When I submitted a bug report to apple they said it was a duplicate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

matt4836
Contributor II

Are you using Directory Accounts? If so, apply it at the user level instead.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Yeah I have been down this road already myself. No matter what you do it will not work in Yosemite. The same profile deployed the same way on Mavericks works fine. There is clearly a bug in Yosemite.

When I submitted a bug report to apple they said it was a duplicate.

ifbell
Contributor

The bug revolves around password policy expecting a special character as the first character in a new password. Also when you apply the policy and reboot the system it incorrectly increments the bad login count. So the first reboot is three then subsequent reboots are incremented by 2 this effects all local users.