Scoped Self-Service Plugin URLs

mire3212
New Contributor II

Hello!

I've looked at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=177 for information on how to scope Self-Service plugins but I haven't had any luck with getting Self Service to pick up a custom URL plug-in. It seems to completely ignore them and I'm not sure if I should even expect to be able to scope the URLs this way.

Is this even a possibility? I've created a unique .plist file that has a unique ID and everything, but it doesn't show up in the Self Service sidebar.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

You could try using my script mentioned here and then deploy the resulting plist.
I also have a sample workflow and script on how to add Self Service plug-ins via Self Service itself using a script and package outlined on the github page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scottb
Honored Contributor

Have you just tried to add the plugins in the JSS and then run "sudo jamf manage" on the test Mac(s) to see them there?
That's all I ever do and it works fine. They will also update upon the normal check-in frequency that you setup on the JSS, but this is a good way to force things when you're testing.
Also, you need to refresh the Self Service app after the above. They should show up then.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

You could try using my script mentioned here and then deploy the resulting plist.
I also have a sample workflow and script on how to add Self Service plug-ins via Self Service itself using a script and package outlined on the github page.

mire3212
New Contributor II

After returning back to basics, I think the issue was something wrong with the plist file I was creating. I've been doing exactly what you @mm2270 have been doing in your script, but something must've been slightly wrong somewhere.

Thanks for pointing me in a new direction!