Packaging Adobe Captivate

alexmcclements
Contributor

Has anyone had any success packaging Adobe Captivate? No joy with the Creative Cloud packaging tool.

3 REPLIES 3

mthakur
Contributor

@alexmcclements
I packaged this just last week, and had no issues.

If you don't see Adobe Captivate in Adobe's Creative Cloud Packager tool, then you probably aren't using the correct Adobe serial number — check with your licensing department.

Also, check that you're running the most current update of CCP (I was using v1.9).

Hope this helps.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Reviving old thread to provide a hopefully useful answer to anyone having a problem packaging Adobe Captivate 9.

Adobe Support had us remove /etc/hosts and let it regenerate, and all of a sudden CCP works, Adobe Captivate 9 (9.0.2) shows up and packages fine.

We restored the lines we had in /etc/hosts after completing the package. Then confirmed that new /etc/hosts with same contents as old /etc/hosts didn't pose a problem. Something was wrong with /etc/hosts.

[EDIT] Circling back to add a note, since this thread was posted on a Slack Adobe channel. By "remove /etc/hosts" I meant we backed it up (sudo cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts.bkp or @brock.walters's tip sudo cp /etc/hosts{,.bkp}) so we can remove the lines we added (for whatever reasons they were needed in the past). As it turned out one of the lines caused CCP to fail. Once we confirmed it was no longer necessary, we removed it and we were able to package Captivate. I have no idea how Adobe support figured that out, or why that would have caused the problem. Wanted to provide some context, since it looks like some Slack folks got the heebie jeebies from the thought of doing anything to the /etc/hosts file. ;)

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

flyboy
Contributor

@alexmcclements, how are you packaging/offering the Voices and eLearning Assets? The Cloud Packaging tool won't let me add them as offline media, and the installers are Adobe .apps. I really, really hate doing snapshot packages. Thoughts?